Skip to main content

What You Should Bring

Make sure you bring these documents with you to have your taxes prepared:

  • Valid picture id
  • ALL W2s and 1099s, unemployment documents
  • Real estate tax receipts for rent/tax rebate
  • Form 8332 required for non-custodial parents
  • Social Security Numbers or ITIN for yourself and all dependents (e.g. spouse, children) Note: Please bring children's social security cards with you.
  • Completed W7s as appropriate. (Application Tax Identification Number for individuals who are not US citizens or permanent residents.)
  • Last year's return (optional, but very helpful).
  • Any records relating to income and expenses (e.g. business, rental income, dividends, sale of stock - Note: You must bring information on the original cost of the stock.)
  • If you have any rental property or business income, please be sure to have all of your amounts ready BEFORE your appointment. Your volunteer tax preparer will not have the time to calculate these amounts for you. It is your responsibility to have this information calculated and prepared prior to your appointment.
  • Personal bank account check (only if you would like any potential refund directly deposited into your bank account).
  • Any documentation relating to your health insurance for the year. This could be Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C, or a list of who on your tax return had health insurance coverage in 2017 and for which months they were covered. Any paperwork from the Health Care Marketplace must be brought as well.