COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR THE LACKWANNA AND WAYNE COUNTY AREA
Dear Northeast Pennsylvania,
For the safety of our Staff and Volunteers, the United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties is following the guildelines of the CDC, Pennsylvania Department of Health and Governor Tom Wolf. We will maintain limited operations until further notice. Staff will continue to work diligently from home while monitoring basic needs/requests and respond accordingly. We are continuing Our work with local agencies, the federal, state and local governements to ensure your safety during this troubling time. In addition, we have list on this site various organizations which can provide help to you, your family and neighbors. We will update this page as needed.
Please be patient with our agencies. We are All doing the best job we can under extraordinary circumstances. We WILL get through this…as we always have…as a Community. Stay at home and limit your contact with others. Check on your neighbors, especially those older adults or individuals living alone. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
President & CEO, United Way of Lackawanna & Wayne Counties
United Way 2-1-1 HELPLINE
2-1-1 is an information and referral helpline and website that connects people to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You'll be connected to a community resource specialist who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services to improve and even save lives.
Dial 2-1-1 from your landline or cell phone
Text your zip code to 898211
Visit the Helpline Website to search for more information about the services you need
- CHIP Questions: (800) 986.KIDS(5437)
- PA Department of Health Crisis Hotline: Text the word HOME to 741741
- Medical Assistance Questions: Contact your managed care organization OR the Service Recipient Center (800) 537.8862
- Medicare Questions, Call CMS: (800) 537.8862
- Women's Resource Center: (570) 346.4671
Treat everyday as a school day through this time of social isolation. Please use any of the following links to pass the time together with the students in your house in a positive, educational way.
- Over 100 activities ideas to do at home with your toddler:
- Great activities for at-home learning from DLTK from printable books, color pages to unique crafts:
- Printable books for grades 2 thru 5:
- Books for Teens and Young Adults:
We, as an economy, are facing major questions each and every day of this global crisis. Please use this section as headquarters to many of the questions you may be contemplating.
- Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Beneficiaries Guidance:
- Foreclosure prevention tips form NeighborWorks Northeastern PA:
- Need help filing for Unemployment? Here's a link from the Office of Unemployment Compensation Website:
- Small business loans based on Governor Tom Wolf's Disaster Relief Plan:
- Tips on how to prioritze your bills from The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau:
Taking care of ourselves and loved ones must remain priority #1 during this trying time. The following links can help guide your through different strategies of dealing with this worldwide pandemic.
- Helping children cope with emergencies accordingly to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Pennsylvania Department of Aging Resource Guide:
- Managing strees levels from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Supporting your children's emotional well-being from ChildTrends.org:
- Talking with children about COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
FamilyWize Prescription Program
A FREE discount prescription program that saved residents of Lackawanna & Wayne County $263,111.22 in 2019 alone!
Be sure to check back here for more information, resources and updates. Stay Safe. Stay Healthy.